Seasol Trilogy 631 is a product to boost, connect and regenerate the soil processes for better agricultural productivity and longer-term soil fertility. It’s manufactured by combining three key natural extracts:
Each of the extracts have ingredients for specific roles:
- Seasol Liquid Seaweed extract for plant productivity and stress tolerance – providing an organically diverse and plant active composition.
- Powerfish Liquid Fish extract for available organic nitrogen -providing free amino acids.
- Liquid Organic Humate extract for available carbon – providing Humic acids and Fulvic acids.
In combination with growing plants, Seasol Trilogy 631 supplements the soil ecosystem processes needed for plant productivity and enhanced soil fertility by:
- Enhancing plant and root growth – plants then pump additional root exudates (photosynthate carbon) into the soil and feed soil microbiology at the rhizosphere.
- Supplying the soil carbon and nitrogen cycle – with available organic nitrogen and accessible carbon.
- Supplying plants with amino acids – and peptides for enhanced plant growth.
- Leave the soil with Soil Organic Matter – from increased plant and microbe organic matter.
- Converting more sunlight – due to increased plant growth, plants produce more photosynthate, pump relatively more exudates into the soil and enhance the functioning of the overall soil ecosystem.
Productive soils rely on soil ecosystem processes and the nitrogen and carbon cycles being synchronised. However, in depleted soils that are farmed intensely with limited crop diversity, the natural ecosystem processes become disconnected. Similarly, a dependency upon inorganic fertiliser eventually results in fragmented biological, plant, soil and microbe ecosystems.